Friday, June 1, 2012

PLQ Resume Services


PLQ Freelancing
Resume-Writing Services

Background: I have been a professional writer for more than 30 years, and I worked for about a year in an agency that handled services for the New York Department of Labor, dealing with unemployment.

During that time, I wrote dozens of resumes and worked on cover letters. I also acquired a lot of job-search skills.

After budget cuts led me to be laid off at the unemployment office (my life is not like the other lives), I started doing resumes on a freelance basis. I have been doing that for the last two years.

I have been responding to individual queries most of the time and have now decided to codify things in a single place.

What I need: The approach I have developed is unusual, but effective. The resume starts with a series of 12 to 15 bullet points that highlight the skills and abilities you have that qualify you for the jobs you are applying for. The beauty of this is that the list can be adjusted based on the specific job.

So, I will ask for the standard material -- Name, address, contact information, your most current resume, any additions to it, information on education and any related volunteer activities and anything else you think is pertinent.

I will also ask for a list of 12 to 15 skills and abilities you have that relate to the jobs you're seeking. The more the better. They can be specific like "Five years of daily experience using InDesign to lay out newspaper pages," to the less specific, such as "highly developed communication skills, particularly in working from a remote office."

Note to SCA members: I have extensive experience in translating skills from the Society for Creative Anachronism into real-world business skills. I can do this for other hobbies as well.

What you get: I will do one overall resume, then will tailor at least one more to a different specialty area or job. I will do a generic cover letter if you like and will write two more specific ones. I will format a references list if you would like.

Cost: The standard resume package is $150, which I think you will find is a very reasonable rate. Discounts available for SCA members and those who are currently unemployed. Please ask if you have questions.

Contact: Email to liamstliam@gmail.com. Payment can be by Paypal to that address or to: Bill Toscano, 107 Cooper St., Glens Falls, NY, 12801.



1 comment:

  1. This blog provide a how resume write in a perfect manner..its provide a sequence of different way of writing a professional resume services to make the career growth..!!!

    ReplyDelete